Home / Our School
Holy Child Auxilium School , New Delhi is a catholic Minority Institution established in 1970 and run by the Salesian sisters. It is an English Medium School and though meant primarily for Christian girls, it admits children of other communities and religions. It is recognized by the Directorate of Education, Delhi Administration and affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
Saint John Bosco (16 August 1815 – 31 January 1888), born Giovanni Melchiorre Bosco, also called Don Bosco, was an Italian Catholic priest and educator, who put into practice the convictions of his religion, dedicating his life to the upliftment and education of poor youngsters, and employing teaching methods based on love rather than punishment. His Educational system known as preventive system is based on reason, God consciousness and loving kindness.
He also founded, together with Maria DomenicaMazzarello, the Institute of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, a religious congregation of nuns dedicated to the care and education of girls, and popularly known as Salesian Sisters. It was founded on 5th August 1872 in Mornese, Alessandria ,Italy. Today it hasworld widenet work of educational institutions in 92 nations.
The Salesian Fathers arrived in India for the first time on January 14, 1906. The first group of Salesian Sisters arrived in India (Bombay ) on November 20, 1922, when the institute was celebrating the golden jubilee of its foundation. The first Salesian Sisters ventured into all types of Educational activities both formal and non-formal, health-care services and social initiatives, giving appropriate responses especially directing their attention to the less privileged and marginalized.
During the 92 years of their presence in India the Salesian sisters have grown into a gigantic tree, spreading its branches to all parts of India. They now have 6 Provinces and 170 centers and educational institutions.
In the World
At present the Salesian sisters have 85 Provinces in 93 nations within the 5 continents, with a total of 1460 centers.
Holy Child Auxilium School R.K. Puram Sector XII came into existence on 15.07.1970. It is run by the Salesian Sisters Society of Northern India.
The seed of this grown tree today was planted by a team of three valiant visionaries, Sr. CleofeFassa, Sr. LuiginaMiorelli and Sr. Clara Martin. The School had its beginning with just 24 students. The school grew rapidly under the efficient leadership of farsighted management and it arose to Secondary School. It was necessitated to shift the primary to another area for the initiation of the Senior Secondary School. The Primary school was segregated and transplanted to VasantVihar in the year 1983. In the year 1990 primary school was reallocated to R.K. Puram and the High School was shifted to VasantVihar.